Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A First

This is a little celebration. 
Wooo-hooo!
I finished the first draft of my first novel! 

This is what 86,000 words printed on double-sided paper looks like

Finishing it didn't feel at all like I thought it would though. It's probably because the editor in me knows that I'm not really finished--that there is a lot of work left to do. 

For starters, I need to read it, send it out to a trusted group of readers, revise it, send it to my agent, and then start that process all over again

But first...
I'm going to take a deep breath and celebrate just a little bit. 

Yay! 

5 comments:

  1. What an accomplishment! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thatta girl. Have you read that book by Byrd Baylor? I'm in charge of celebrations? Amazing you for having gotten some of your insides down on paper.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is something to celebrate! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am forever in awe of novelists-- to keep everything in order. I know your book is going to great. Can't wait to read it one day soon. Copngrats!!

    ReplyDelete